Today, audio is a medium in its own right, popular with parents and at the heart of Bayard’s expertise. What’s more, listening to audio books is unquestionably on the rise in French reading habits.
An audio publisher for over 25 years, notably through its children’s magazines J’aime Lire, Belles Histoires (Bayard Jeunesse), Histoires pour les petits, J’apprends à lire (Milan Presse), the Bayard group has recently created an entity dedicated to audio for its youth audience: Bayard Audio.
Major publishing successes from both Bayard Éditions and Milan Éditions have been the subject of acclaimed original audio creations: Les feuilletons de la Mythologie by Murielle Szac, Mes P’tits Docs (1st documentary collection in France) or the audio adaptations of the adventures of Petit Ours Brun, SamSam or Mortelle Adèle, enriching a unique audio heritage of over 400 references.
Finally, 4 years after launching its 1st podcast, Bayard Jeunesse now boasts a cumulative audience of over 20 million, with original programs such as La grande histoire de Pomme d’Api or Curieux de sciences, launched by the monthly Images doc with the Museum national d’histoire naturelle.
Bayard Audio’s mission :
- Accelerate audio creation based on existing creative universes, but also welcome new sound talents and projects to the group.
- To make this exceptional heritage accessible to all, in France and abroad, in all existing and future listening venues.
Bayard Audiois made up of a team of 7 people, headed by Emmanuelle Marie, Director of Audio and International Development for the Group.
Contacts (click on the name of the person to contact them) :
Emmanuelle Marie, director
Sales and Marketing
Visit us on LinkedIn for all the latest Bayard Audio news!
- Pèlerins dans l’âme, the great walkers as told by Franck Ferrand.
- to discover an inventive place to live, work and get involved in an ecological spirit.
- Les trésors du savoir-faire à la française, portraits of French craftsmen who talk about their trades.
Prions en Église
Terre Sauvage (Milan Nature et Territoires)
Radio Pomme d’Api is the children’s radio station that parents also listen to. All day long, songs, rhymes, stories and poems to discover the wonderful world of oral literature. With a word, a note, listen and discover with your children all these artists who give their voices to enchant life: from Anne Sylvestre to Alain Schneider, from Henri Dès to Roi des papas, from Jo Akepsimas to Pascal Parisot, ZUT or les P’tits Loups du Jazz. With stories by the best contemporary storytellers and comedians, and an introduction to all musical genres. And every evening, at 8:15pm, a great story to listen to !
ADF-Bayard Musique, a subsidiary of Bayard, groups together several labels :
- The ADF Musique label offers religious music: liturgical and religious songs.
- The Studio M label covers classical and sacred music.
- Label Ouest presents a catalog of chanson, jazz and world music.
- Finally, the Arc en ciel label offers music for children.